Tooxclusive is one of the oldest and most popular music websites in Nigeria offering free music downloads, music reviews and much more, here are the ten things you probably didn’t know about it:
- It was founded by Olutayo “Tyler” Duncan Sotubo who remains its owner and Editor-In-Chief
- It was launched in September 2010
- It hosts an annual music award named “TooXclusive Online Music Awards” also known as #TxOMA. Voting for the awards is done online and the Award itself is also done online.
- Past winners of the award include Vanessa Mdee, Stonebwoy, Diamond Platnumz, Vector, Yemi Alade, Seyi Shay, YCEE and Olamide[.
- It is the Number 1 source for Pan African music entertainment, reviews, trending news, and celebrity updates
- It is also present in Ghana as TooXclusive GH
- It has over 20 million page views per month from over 2.5 million visitors.
- It gets daily visitors from all over the world – over 165 countries
- It has been nominated for several Music Website of the Year awards including 2012 Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013 Nigerian Blog Awards, City People Entertainment Awards, Scream All Youths Awards and The Beatz Awards
- It won the 2013 Nigerian Blog Award for Music Website of the Year in 2013 and The Beatz Awards for Best Online Music Platform in 2016.
TooXclusive.com provides Nigerian music and video downloads, song and artiste reviews, music industry news, top 10 song, and music video charts, interviews with musicians and music executives and music based editorials.
TooXclusive’s top 10 charts cover different groups of people in the music industry in Nigeria ranging from Music Producers, Next Rated Acts, Hottest Artistes, and Banging Collaborations. The charts are created by the TooXclusive team based on certain criteria. The music website also publishes spotlight profiles of trending artistes with their songs, videos and critical reviews.
TooXclsuive GH provides information on Ghanaian music, videos and reviews for the fast-growing music industry in Ghana. It features Ghana’s top musicians, songs, videos as well as other top content.
TooXclusive’s aim has been to be the largest music distribution platform in Africa and it is gradually achieving that goal.
TooXclusive’s #TXOMA award is one of the first online awards in Nigeria and recognizes artistes and entertainment brands which have performed excellently in the given year.