As technology evolves, the financial sector is not left behind, many different software have been developed to make banking easier and faster. One of such is the USSD code for mobile phones, USSD means Unstructured Supplementary Service Data and is a service which allows you pay your bills and do other transactions by simply dialing a short code on your phone, USSD codes are also called Quick Codes.
Almost all banks in Nigeria now have their special USSD codes for mobile money transactions such as: Buying airtime, Account Opening, Balance Inquiry/Checking, Money transfer to same bank and other banks, Cash-on-the-go, etc.
The service is similar to internet banking except that it does not use internet access so when a person does not have access to the internet, he/she can still use USSD codes for banking transactions.
You can only use the particular SIM card or mobile line you used to open your account with to do USSD transactions. If you lose that line and don’t plan to do welcome back, simple go to the bank and change your mobile number and you’re good to go.
All USSD transactions require a PIN code which serves as your security against fraudsters and other bad people. You will be required to set the PIN code(either 4 or 5 digits) the first time you try to do a USSD transaction. .
*Please note that for most Nigerian banks, you will not be able to perform USSD transactions except you have at least 10 Naira on the mobile line you registered your bank account with so if you are not able to do a transaction (You will usually get a “Not Available” error), check your account balance and recharge your line.
USSD code mobile money transfer service is fast, secure and convenient. Find below the list of all USSD codes for mobile money transfer for all Nigerian banks which offer USSD service currently.
List of Mobile Banking USSD Codes for All Banks in Nigeria in 2022
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) USSD Code for Money Transfer
Guaranty Trust Bank is the leading bank in Nigeria in terms of electronic banking. They were one of the first to introduce USSD banking, GTBank’s USSD code is *737#. The minimum transfer limit is 1,000 Naira and a daily transfer limit of *20,000 Naira*.
- To transfer money from your GTBank account to another GTBank account, just dial *737*1*Amount*Recipient’s GTB Account Number# for example *737*1*5000*0123456789#
- To transfer money from your GTBank account to another Bank, use *737*2*Amount*Other Bank Account Number e.g. First Bank# for example *737*2*10000*0123456789#.
Fidelity Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
Fidelity Bank USSD code is *770# and the maximum transfer allowed per day is 20,000 Naira.
- Fidelity Bank USSD money transfer code to other banks is *770*Recipient’s Account Number*Amount# for example, *770*0123456789*5000#.
First Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
First bank is one of the best Nigerian banks for electronic banking services. First Bank’s USSD code is *894#.
- To transfer money, dial *894#, a list of options will appear including Transfer money, Withdraw money and Make purchases, pay bills, buy airtime and manage the account. To make a transfer, type 1 and send.
- Simply follow the instructions after and make your transfer.
Wema Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
Wema Bank is relatively new to USSD banking but they offer a good USSD service. Wema Bank USSD code is *945#.
- To transfer money with Wema Bank, simply dial *945#
- A list of options will appear including Open Account, My Balance, Send Money, Buy Airtime and Cash-on-the-go, Pay Bills, Change PIN, Change Account, Link BVN, Card Control, Pay with Mobile, Receive Western Union and Generate OTP.
- Reply with “3” which is for transfer, you will then be asked to choose whether it is to a Wema Bank Account or other banks. Reply with the corresponding number and simply keep on following the on-screen instructions.
Polaris (Skye Bank) USSD Code for Money Transfer
Skye Bank’s USSD mobile code is *833# and to transfer, all you need to do is dial *833# from your mobile phone and follow the instructions.
Sterling Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
Sterling Bank’s USSD mobile banking code is *822#. To perform a transfer, simply dial *822# and follow the instructions however every time you use the Sterling Bank USSD service, Five Naira will be deducted from your line.
Ecobank USSD Code for Money Transfer
Ecobank’s Mobile USSD code is *326# and it has instant transfers, account balance, bill payments, mini-account statements and airtime purchase features. To transfer money from your Ecobank account, dial *326# and follow the on-screen instructions.
Zenith Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
Zenith Bank’s Mobile Banking USSD code is *966# and it gives you access to open an account, check account balance, load recharge cards and transfer money.
- To transfer money from your Zenith Bank account to another, dial *966*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number# and follow the instructions on the screen.
First City Monument Bank (FCMB) USSD Code for Money Transfer
FCMB’s mobile USSD code is *329#.
- To transfer money or do any other transaction after getting your PIN, simply dial *329# and follow the on screen instructions.
Unity Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
Unity Bank’s Mobile USSD mobile code is *7799# and to transfer money, just dial *7799# and follow the on screen prompts.
UBA USSD Code for Money Transfer
UBA’s mobile USSD code is *919#, dial it and follow the on-screen instructions that follow.
Union Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
Union Bank mobile USSD transfer code is *826#, dial and follow the screen prompts to complete your transaction.
Heritage Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
The USSD code for transfer for Heritage Bank is *745#
Keystone Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
Keystone Bank mobile USSD code for transfer is *7111#
Access Bank USSD Code for Money Transfer
Access Bank’s USSD code for mobile money transfer is *901#, Simply dial and follow the instructions thereafter.
Stanbic IBTC Mobile USSD Code for Money Transfer
Stanbic IBTC USSD code for money transfer is *909#
Steve Edegbo is the team lead at Naijatechhub.com. Naijatechhub is a team of writers and researchers dedicated to providing the best up to date information on topics in Nigeria. If you need more information, kindly contact us.
5 thoughts on “Bank Transfer USSD Codes for Banks in Nigeria”
Are these the only Nigerian banks.
These are the only banks in Nigeria?
What of other Banks in Nigeria
All this information as been helpful
Comment:these has been helpful so far