Ria is a money transfer company which was founded as a small shop in New York City in the year 1987 as a subsidiary of Euronet Worldwide Inc. Ria is now the third largest money transfer service in the world serving over 314,000 locations in 144 countries worldwide, it is headquartered in California and has over 2,000 employees, the company’s official website is www.riamoneytransfer.com.
Ria provides its services through a network of agents, online platform and office locations all over the world. Ria also partners with post offices in several countries to allow underbanked and underserved customers send and receive money easily.
Ria also operates a Walmart-2-Walmart Powered by Ria service which allows customers transfer money to and from over 4600 Walmart stores at very competitive prices. The service won the Best Cash Innovation award at the 2015 PYMNTS.com Innovator Awards, the service is also available in Latin America and in Chile under the Lider brand. Ria is one of the most efficient ways to send money to and receive money from other countries.
Ria also offers bill payment, mobile top up, prepaid debit cards, check cashing and money order services.
Ria Money Transfer
Although, Ria has other products and services, its money transfer service is the biggest and most important, here are features and information of the service.
Ria Money Transfer Features
- Quick Transfers: In as fast as 15 minutes based on payment method and reviews
- Low fees: Payment fees start at $0
- Available in 350,000+ locations in 149 countries worldwide
- Secure money transfer
- $10 Amazon gift card welcome bonus when you send money for the first time
- Stress free transfers: Ria transfers eliminate the need to queue up in banks to transfer money by allowing you use your phone or computer to make a quick easy transfer from the comfort of your home, office or anywhere else.
Ria has partnered with PayNearMe to make sending money easier, you can create a money transfer order online and pay with cash at 7-Eleven locations close to you. PayNearMe is perfect for people who don’t have a bank account, credit/debit card or people who don’t like online payments.
To send money with PayNearMe, follow these steps:
- Make your money transfer request online
- Select “Cash Powered by PayNearMe” payment method
- Go to a 7-Eleven location near you and present your PayNearMe barcode and cash
- Make the payment
How to Make Money with Ria Referral Program
Ria operates a referral program where you can refer your friends, family and acquaintances to the service and get a $20 Amazon Gift Card once the person registers and completes their first transfer. The gift card will be given to you within a week of the date your referral completes their first transfer.
The people you refer must have never registered for Ria before and they must use the Ria share link sent to them for you to be eligible for the gift card.
How to send money with Ria
You can send money abroad with Ria through different ways, they include:
To send money online as a new user, simply:
- Visit the Ria website
- Enter the amount of money you want to send
- Select the country you want to send money to
- Choose a payment method (ACH Transfer – Bank Account or Debit/Credit Card)
- Use the price calculator to calculate that country’s exchange rate and the payment method price for total cost of the transaction.
- Select bank deposit or cash pickup delivery method for how you want the money to be received
- Create a Recipient – Enter their first and last name as it is on their government ID card, enter their email address and phone number
- Choose where and how you want the money transferred
- Submit and the transfer is done.
- Register for easy future transactions
For returning users simply create a new recipient or select an existing recipient and click quick send, the order details will show up so that you can confirm the receiver’s details, payout method, payment details and other money transfer details which you can edit if you want to, click subit and the transfer is done.
Bank account transfers give you lowest price benefits while debit/credit card transfers give you fast speedy transfers in minutes.
You can also send money through any Ria Agent close to your location.
How to receive money with Ria
Once you send money to someone in another country through Ra, they can receive it directly through their bank accounts or pick it up at any Ria location close to them. Some countries (Vietnam, Philippines, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Peru) enjoy courier delivery service which allows your recipient receive the money at home or in the office.
The recipient will need the PIN number given to you after sending the money and a valid ID with name matching that on the money transfer document in order to collect the money.
Ria Fees & Rates
Ria money transfer costs depend on how much money you are sending, the payment method and the country you are sending to. The cost increases as you send more money but the cost per unit drops as you send more. Online rates and physical agent location rates also differ.
Ria exchange rates are calculated based on the country you are sending money to.
Ria Customer Service
Ria’s customer service is available by phone call, email and chat from Mondays to Fridays between 5AM and 6PM PST and 6AM – GPM PST on Saturdays and Sundays.
Call: +1-(877) 443-1399 (Toll-free in the U.S.)
Ria tracking is easy, quick and convenient, all you need to do is use the Ria Tracking tool to track your money transfer. You just type your money transfer number (Order Number, PIN or Reference Number) into the search box and click search, the status of your transfer will be displayed on the screen.
Ria will also send you emails at every point of the money transfer process to ensure you get updated information regularly.
How long does it take to send money with Ria?
It takes an average of 15 minutes to send money by debit/credit card method and approximately four working days to send it using your bank account. The bank method takes longer because Ria has to verify that there is enough money in your account for the transfer, it is however cheaper than the credit/debit card method.
For receiving money, cash pickup or home delivery (if available in the country) is faster than direct payment to bank accounts. Cash pickup and home delivery are usually available on the same day, money transfers can also be delayed if there are security issues with the transfer.
Where can you send money to?
Ria has 350,000 agent locations in 145 countries worldwide so you can send money to any of these locations.
What is the limit to money you can send?
Ria allows up to $2,999.99 per transfer per day and a maximum of $7,999 in 30 days. You can sed more by visiting a Ria Agent location near you where you will provide extra information to process the transfer.
What are the requirements to send money?
- Recipient’s first and last name as displayed on a government-issued ID
- Recipient’s address and phone number.
- Recipient’s bank account and routing number (For bank transfers)
- Recipient’s local, preferred payout location (For pickup receipt method)
How do you know your recipient received the money?
Ria will send you emails to notify you of the status of your transfer as it changes up till when your recipient receives the money.
How to cancel your money transfer?
You can cancel money transfers by going to the “Recent Orders” tab on your dashboard and selecting the transfer you want to cancel, then click the cancel button beside it, follow the next steps and submit. Cancellations are only possible if the recipient has not yet been paid. Refunds after cancellations take between 2 to 10 working days.