Ubersuggest.io is one of the best keyword research tools available on the web, it shows the most searched keywords in Google related to any keyword phrase searched for and is very easy to use. Ubersuggest was created by an Italian programmer and SEO guru but was acquired by popular SEO guru, Neil Patel. To do your keyword research expertly with the Ubersuggest keyword tool, follow the following procedures.
- Go to ubersuggest.io
- In the search bar, type the parent keyword you want to use to get more related keywords from, for example if you want to get keywords on how to make money online, simply type ‘how to make money online’ in the search box to get related keywords.
- Choose whether you want web search, images search, YouTube search, shopping search or news search.
- Choose the country and language you want to get keywords in, for example if you are in India, choose English/India and you will be shown keywords from Google India i.e. google.co.in in English language. If you don’t find your country there, choose English/United States for worldwide results from www.google.com which will definitely include the country you want to search for.
- Now click the suggest button, it will start loading keyword ideas, once it reaches 100 percent, the keywords will be shown on the page.
- To get better results, install the Ubersuggest.io extension plugin on your browser and verify it.
- Once the plugin is installed and verified, the keyword results will include Monthly global traffic volume, cost per click (CPC) and Google Adwords competition for each keyword,
- You can expand each keyword idea by clicking the down arrow shaped button beside it and selecting ‘expand this keyword’, you can also check Google search and Google trend for the keyword by clicking the down arrow.
- There is a filter box which you can use to sort out your results according to your preferences
- You can also view the keywords in a word cloud and select specific keywords you like to be shown on the ‘Keywords selected’ page.
- To copy or save the keywords from Ubersuggest.io to your computer, all you need to do is to click on ‘View as text’ to get the keywords in text form or ‘Download all’ to view it in Microsoft excel csv format. If you select some specific keywords and you want to copy or save only those, simply go to the ‘Keywords selected’ page and do the same.
- There is also a reset button to clear all the keywords on the page
Other popular free keyword research tools include Google Keyword Planner, Keywordtool.io, etc
Steve Edegbo is the team lead at Naijatechhub.com. Naijatechhub is a team of writers and researchers dedicated to providing the best up to date information on topics in Nigeria. If you need more information, kindly contact us.