One of the leading financial institutions in Africa, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc has introduced a new service which allows customers receive Western Union funds directly to their GTBank account through any of the Bank’s ATM machines in Nigeria, the service is also available on the Internet Banking platform of the bank.
The process to receive Western Union funds using any GTBank ATM nationwide is simple:
- GTBank customers simply need to slot in their cards
- Click the Western Union option and agree to the terms and conditions
- Select account type;
- Select the country where the funds were sent from;
- If the country is not available, simply enter the sending country code / ISO code;
- Enter the expected amount in naira;
- Enter the GTBank Nuban account number of the receiving account;
- Enter the 10-digit money transfer control number (“MTCN”)
Once the transaction is confirmed, the transfer amount will be credited into the receiving GTBank account. The service does not need a GTBank debit/credit card, or a security token device.