List of Scholarships in Nigeria

If you are a Nigerian student looking for financial aid, the following scholarship opportunities are for you. Reports indicate that 500 academic scholarships are open to students from Nigeria. Some of these grants will cover the costs of their education, whether it is at home or in another country.

Scholarships for Nigerian Students

Scholarships for Nigerian students are funded by a wide variety of sources, including the federal and state governments, private corporations including oil firms, and private individuals. Scholarships available to students in Nigeria are listed below.

1. MTN Scholarship:

The vast majority of the Nigerian populace are MTN customers, making MTN one of the continent’s most ubiquitous telecommunications providers. MTN Scholarships are part of the company’s efforts to give back to the Nigerian community by providing financial support to undergraduates studying in fields like science and applied technology.

The number of applicants has skyrocketed ever since the scholarship program was established. However, in order to continue receiving N200,000 per year until they graduate, the chosen students must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average.

2. NLNG Scholarship

Awards are given out annually, and cover tuition, fees, and living expenses from the student’s first year of enrollment all the way until graduation. When compared to other scholarship opportunities for Nigerian students, the financial benefits offered by these programs are superior.

If you’re a Nigerian student and you meet the academic requirements, you can receive a N300,000 scholarship each academic year until you graduate. For the best chance of receiving an NLNG scholarship, students should apply as early as possible and maintain a high GPA.

3. NNPC/Chevron Scholarship

Perhaps you’ve heard of the NNPC or Chevron Scholarship but aren’t interested. Chevron and NNPC are the official scholarship sponsors. Numerous first-year students at Nigerian universities have benefited from the scholarship scheme.

The scholarship’s benefits, however, can be kept by continuing to excel academically during the course of its four-year duration. If you plan on attending a university in Nigeria, you should apply for the NNPC/Chevron scholarship. Successful applicants will get N100,000 annually up until their final year of college.

4. Agbami Scholarship

Chevron and its Agbami partners are the sole funders of the Agbami scholarship. The award is available to students pursuing degrees in either engineering or medicine. For example, students with strong cumulative grade point averages in any of the engineering departments are eligible to apply.

Both medical and engineering students might benefit financially from the scholarship. In terms of money, the former receives N200,000, while the latter receives N1,000,000. Financial benefits for medical students are generally larger than those for engineering students because of the human element involved in the former field.

5. Exxon Mobil Scholarship

There are more well-known scholarships out there, but if you meet the requirements, the Exxon Mobil Scholarship is worth a shot. Every year, students in their first or second year at a Nigerian university are eligible to apply for this award. Some students are also hired full-time by the company the year after they graduate.

Statistics show that 60% of the Exxon Mobil Scholarship is awarded to students majoring in Engineering and Geosciences, while the remaining 40% is distributed among students majoring in the Social Sciences, Business, and Related Fields. To qualify for the award, you must maintain a minimum GPA.

6. Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship

Jim Ovia, the founder of Zenith Bank Nigeria, is a household name in the banking world. His generous spirit and his willingness to provide financial aid to deserving Nigerian undergraduates have earned him a number of accolades.

He’s been putting away N150,000,000 annually to cover the tuition of multiple pupils for over a decade. All students in their 100th year and beyond receive N150,000 annually till they graduate. You can always submit an application for this scholarship if you have not yet done so.

7. PTDF Scholarships Programme

In order to help as many Nigerian students as possible attend college, the PTDF offers scholarships to schools both in and outside of the country. The scholarship program is made possible by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources and is open to students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels of higher education.

It’s a chance to join an exclusive group of students by applying for and perhaps receiving one of several available scholarships in Nigeria. Each PTDF scholarship recipient will receive N150,000 in addition to a brand new laptop computer to aid in their academic studies and research.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *