The undisputed king of smartphones is the iPhone and the newest iPhone flagship is here, the iPhone 7. The iPhone 6 was a huge success and the iPhone 6S made waves too.
Apple iPhone 7 was announced and released in September 2016 but didn’t seem to meet most people’s expectations.
iPhone 7 Design
The iPhone 7 does not have any major design changes from the iPhone 6S. Some of its design specifications are:
- It retains the 7.1 mm thickness of the iPhone 6S.
- It does not have antenna lines anymore.
- The iPhone 7 has become rugged, it is now dust and water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes like the Samsung Galaxy S7, HTC M9 and others. Its screen can also respond to wet fingers unlike most waterproof phones.
- The 3.5 mm headphone jack has been removed to conserve space which is the reason for the iPhone 7’s wireless headphones.
- The iPhone 7 comes in Jet Black, Black, Silver, Gold and Rose Gold colors.
iPhone 7 Camera
- The iPhone is known for its superb camera and the iPhone 7 has a major front camera upgrade from 5 MP to 7 MP, the primary camera retains the same 12 megapixel size of the iPhone 6s. The LED flash has also been upgraded to Quad LED.
iPhone 7 Specs
- The iPhone 7 uses a Non-removable Li-Ion 1960 mAh battery with up to 14 hours talk time and 40 hours music play time which is hardly a major improvement from that of the iPhone 6S which was 1715 mAh.
- It runs iOS 10.0.1 on Apple’s Quad Core A10 Fusion Processor
- The internal memory options have been increased to include a 256 GB iPhone version, the 16 GB and 64 GB memory versions have been stopped.
- It retains the 2GB RAM of the iPhone 6S.
iPhone 7 Price in Nigeria
The price of iPhone 7 32 GB model in the United States is $649, that of the 128 GB is $749, 256 GB is $849, the iPhone 7 Plus 32 GB costs $769, 128 GB is $869 and 256 GB is $969. The price of iPhone 7 in Nigeria is about 300,000 Naira for the 32 GB model, 350,000 Naira for the 128 GB model and 400,000 Naira for the 256 GB model. The prices may differ on Jumia, Konga and other retail stores.